Thanks for (thinking about) contributing to Gekko, all help is wanted!
Before Submitting an Issue
First, please do a search in open issues to see if the issue or feature request has already been filed.
If you find your issue already exists, make relevant comments and add your reaction:
👍 - upvote
👎 - downvote
If you cannot find an existing issue that describes your bug or feature, submit an issue using the guidelines below.
Submitting an issue (bug)
- Be as clear and concise as possible.
- Do not submit more than one bug in a single issue.
- Clearly explain the following:
- Action taken (what you did)
- Expected result (what you hoped would happen)
- Actual result (unexpected outcome)
- Your setup (any and all relevant technical facts, error messages, logs, etc)
- First consider if you yourself might be able to work on the feature? If so, check out info on contributing code below.
- If you do not have the skills, then please take the time to clearly think through the request. Is is appropriate for all users of Gekko? If so, create a new issue containing the following:
[request] as the first item in the title, followed by a short, concise description, eg:
[request] Export data to CSV.
- Fill in details explaining your request. Be as clear and concise as possible and only 1 request at a time.
- Add mock-ups, etc as needed to clearly demonstrate the idea.
New Feature and code contributions
- If you want to add an exchange to Gekko, see this doc for all the information you need.
- If you want to Gekko react to anything from the market, you can most likely put this functionality into a plugin. See this document for details.
- If you want to create a strategy, please see this page.
- If you just want to work on Gekko, you can use the open issues with the tag
open-for-pulls for inspiration.
- If you want to work on the web interface (Gekko UI), please see this frontend doc on the Vue.js frontend.
Things to take into consideration when submitting a pull request:
- Please submit all pull requests (except for hotfixes) to the develop branch.
- Please keep current code styling in mind.